For Prospective Students
Below you find an overview on the studies of sports, business & law at the university of Bayreuth:
The unique and successful concept of the study programme Sport, Business & Law has been a benchmark for studies in the field of sports management ever since it was founded in 1985.
The basis of these studies focusing on sport and economy derives from the academic fields of sport, management, business administration and law. The uniqueness of the programme is based upon its interdisciplinarity, internationality, its traditions and ability to innovate as well as its strong spirit of networking and cooperation.
You can find all the necessary information here...
You find an overview of the English Study Program B.Sc. Sport, Business & Law following this link....
You find an overview of the English Study Program M.Sc. Sport, Business & Law following this link....
- Bachelor Hide
Sport is a relevant factor for society and economy and its importance has been growing constantly in the course of time. In many fields of business, highly-qualified university graduates are needed. Thus, skills in business administration and sport science are just as important as experiences in project management, a sense of legal problems and solutions. To fulfill this job profile, the University of Bayreuth has developed the study programme B.Sc. Sport, Business & Law.
In the course of six semesters, our students gain a sound education in business administration, sport science and law with special references to sport management. Thus, students develop the ability of thoroughly analyzing, interpreting and solving problems. Furthermore, a multisided training in different sports adds to the interdisciplinary study profile.
In view of the international orientation of the field of sport management, the B.Sc. Sport, Business & Law also contains courses of foreign languages. This enables our students to actively participate in dialogues with international partners.
Interdisciplinary study offers and practically oriented ways of teaching transmit fundamental job-oriented skills. Moreover, an obligatory internship contributes to the practical aspect of the studies.
The Master programme of Sport, Business & Law is consecutive to the corresponding Bachelor programme of Sport, Business & Law at the University of Bayreuth. However, it is also designed for graduates of similar programmes such as Business Administration, Economics, Health Economics and Philosophy and Economics at the University of Bayreuth or other national and international universities.
A completed Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree with a final grade of at least “1,9” according to the Bavarian formulae is required for admission. Final grades of different tables of evaluations will be converted by the University of Bayreuth. If the final grade does not meet the required level, the qualification can be assessed through procedures which are specific for each degree programme.
- Global MBA SportmanagementHide
Find more information here.....
- EASM SummerschoolHide
Find more information here....
- International PartnershipsHide
Partner-Universities, Partnerships within ERASMUS-Scolarship and Global Partner:
- Australia, Melbourne, La Trobe University
- Belgium, Leuven, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Brazil, Florianapolis, Universidade do Estado de Santa Catarina
- China, Hangzhou, Zhejang University
- Colombia, Bogota, University Los Andes
- Czech Republik, Prague, Univerzita Karlova
- Denmark, Aarhus, Aarhus University
- Denmark, Kopenhagen, Københavns Universitet
- Denmark, Syddansk Universiteit / University of Southern Denmark
- Finland, Jyväskylä, University of Jyväskylä
- Finland, Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
- France, Lyon, Université Claude Bernard
- France, Montpellier, Université de Montpellier
- France, Nice, Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis
- France, Strasbourg, Université de Strasbourg
- Great Britain, Chester, University of Chester
- Great Britain, Newcastle, Northumbria University
- Italy, Firenze, Università degli Studi di Firenze
- Lithuania, Kaunas, Lietuvos Kuno Kulturos Akademija
- Netherlands, Groningen, Hanzehogeschool
- New Zealand, Auckland, University of Auckland
- Norway, Oslo, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
- Norway, Trondheim, Trondheim Business School
- Poland, Warsaw, Warsaw School of Economics
- Portugal, Lisboa, Universidad de Lisboa
- Spain, Barcelona, Universitat de Barcelona
- Spain, Gran Canaria, Universidad de Las Palmas
- Spain, Madrid, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Spain, Madrid, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Spain, Vegazana, Universidad de Leon
- USA, Athens, Ohio University
- USA, Philadelphia, Temple University
- Australia, Melbourne, La Trobe University
Gaining an impression of the opportunities which emerge after the academic studies should not only be an issue after the degree is obtained. Students should make valuable experiences and form important networks already during the course of their studies through internships at different companies.
The early acquisition of practical experiences is strongly supported by the University of Bayreuth. Our departments offer workshops and lectures held by representatives of successful companies on a regular basis and thus create a link to the professional job market. Moreover, the Office for Internships organizes recruiting-events like the job fair “Masters-Börse” or the “Career Days”.
The alumni-network of the former Sport, Business & Law students also presents job-offers on its website. However, these jobs are exclusively offered to alumni which guarantees a precise targeting with potential employees.Logo Alumiverein
The Office for Internships serves as an academic link between students and companies. It supports especially students of the diploma, bachelor and master studies in programmes with elements of business administration or economics.
- Studies and LifeHide
Since you have already found your way to our master programme, we would like to provide you with further information on studying and living in Bayreuth.
If you are requested to decide where you are going to study in the years to come, it is important to know the aspects in favour of a certain city. After all, you are going to spend a few years in the town of your choice! Therefore, we want to answer your question: “Why should I study in Bayreuth?” More…
Social Engagement is very important at the University of Bayreuth. Thus, you have the opportunity of pursuing your personal interests at our University, but also in your free-time. Whether you would like to volunteer in social, cultural or political causes, you will find the right opportunity in Bayreuth!
Of course, the aim of intensive studies is the acquisition of methodological and professional expertise. However, social skills are another fundamental condition of being successful. Therefore, it is important to know the opportunities which can form your free-time in Bayreuth. Our University sports programme offers a huge variety of activities. More…
More information you will find under "Contact".